CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Accessing files for upload over network

I am running IE on CrossOver. We have a Windows server where we have our files. When I am using a web application, say Yahoo, via IE on cross overand try to select a file from the network server and upload it attachment it freezes. But if I copy the same file to my Mac and attach it it works fine. Also if I run Opera and select the file from the network server it works fine.

Other observations
1) I can open the file with Office via CrossOver and it works fine
2) I can save/write new files from CrossOver to the network

The problem seems to be file uploads to websites only. How can I overcome this issue?

Sounds like a file-locking problem between the website, IE6, and the network server. You could try uploading files from the network server to another website and see if it's able to go. Or see if you can mount the network share through a different protocol (afp instead of smb, or vice versa).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXJRWXlVQVBaa3FmbUFIeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9