CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Macbook Performance - DOWII

Looking to buy a new machine and I am leaning towards the macbook vs the pro. Has anyone had good luck with the aluminum macbook and crossover? Any feel for performance (hard frame rates would be great)?
If anyone has seen an article on this, the only write up I found so far used call of duty 4 I would appreciate it.

And most importantly has anyone tried Dawn of War 2 beta on crossfire yet? I'm on a white macbook at present which has the graphics capacity of a blind chipmunk otherwise I would try myself.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

I'm not having any luck with it atm. The installer pops up asking which language. I choose English and then I get a white screen where the menu should be. I'm installing it on the PC atm to see how it should work and then I'll try again.

I got Steam installed but had no luck with the game's installer. I installed it on a PC and copied the files over and copied the registry entries too. Now it knows it's installed and tries to launch it but nothing actually happens.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNm1YQ0ZzY0VBdTd1ZTVtbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9