CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Can i install a windows game in a macintosh using crossover games with just the .exe files ?
fdfssdfsfds
fdfssdfsfds
Posted 2009-02-08 09:39
can i just download the .exe files from the internet and just install it to my mac ? or is there another way to install a windows game without the cds ?
Caron Wills
Caron Wills
Posted 2009-02-13 09:19
It is possible to install just using an executable file without the cds.  Of course, it should still be a licensed version of whatever game you are attempting to install.

kelly miller
kelly miller
Posted 2009-03-01 11:39
Just to be clear,if I installed the paid version of Crossover on my Macbook, will I always be able to run and install Exe. files from a program or freeware that is only made for windows or at least wont install on a Mac because Exe. files simply wont register or install on a Macintosh system?
Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour Advocate
Posted 2009-03-02 16:07
In Crossover, under the Programs menu, is an option called Run Command. With Run Command you can pick any .exe file on your Mac and Crossover will attempt to run it. We have no idea if the .exe will run in Crossover, but you can always try it.

Some Windows Games do have other files they install when you run them. For game installer .exe files you will want to use the Install Unsupported Application button in the Crossover Install Software window. The install unsupported application button creates a new bottle and does other setup work to receive game install files that using the plain Run Command option won't do.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==