CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

.NET Framework issues

So I will preface this post saying I know nothing of programming or even relatively simple technical speak, so please bear with me. I am running CrossOver on an OS X 10.5.5 MacBook Pro and am trying to run Kouky, a video converter (http://www.pikilipita.com/vj/pikix/index.html). The program requires the .NET 2.0 framework, and I have installed that through CrossOver (I'm not exactly sure how this works; I selected the .NET framework package, made a new bottle, and selected the .exe installer), and I have also installed Mono (both Mac and Windows versions).

When I open the Kouky program, the little CrossOver icon bounces over the big one, goes away, and nothing happens. I then tried to Run the .exe with the bottle I made for the Windows version on Mono, and I get this error message:

The command "/Users/abond/Downloads/pikix_v9_dancing_queen/kouky/kouky v16.exe" returned 1.

StdOut:

StdErr:wine: Call from 0x7b82f8bf to unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateFontFamilyFromName, aborting

Any help on running this program is greatly, greatly appreciated. Again, I apologize for my very limited knowledge on the subject. I have opened other .exe's so I know the program is working. Thanks so much in advance!

Unfortunately .NET framework is in it's early stages of working with CrossOver. This means that a lot of applications that require it still need more than what is enabled and will not yet work.

I think it would be worth making a fresh bottle with only .Net framework. Mono is a great project, but it too is incomplete. It may or may not be confusing the application you are trying to install by being there.

Beyond that, I don't really know what it will take to get Kouky off the ground. Probably a bit of research and checking around. Good luck!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0I5Ynp4MlFyS0w5YkFIOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9