CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

user has trial installed - we've just purchased the full crossover standard - installation tips?

Hi all,

I've got a client who is using Red Hat and has the trial version of crossover standard installed - I was wondering if the full can just be installed over the top or does it need to be completely reconfigured?

Thanks,

James.

Update - I'm sorry - I've put this in the wrong forum - need to put this in the linux / unix forum. I know Macs are unix based but a moderator may need to move this. Apologies.

Hi James, You can install over it without removing the demo. The installation takes care of removing the trial and adding your purchesed copy. And your configuration files will still be there and the bottle too. They're located in ".cxoffice" which is in your user home folder.

Example : /home/user/.cxoffice

Algatroy.

P.S. : If you experience any more problems, report back.

😏

Thanks for the advice - I'll be installing it tomorrow for my client so I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers. :)

James.

Geez - I've made a big mistake. I had accidentally ordered Crossover standard for Mac - it needs to be Crossover for Linux (red hat).

I feel like a bit of a fool - but yesterday was terribly busy at work and I just wasn't thinking too clearly at the time.

I've emailed store@ in the hope they can help me but I thought I'd better post something quickly in case some of the sales guys keep an eye on the forum.

If this could be rectified quickly it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

James.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjZhV01LOFJjcnNjWFVVciIsImdkcHIiOjB9