CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Crashed, then Mac OSX 10.4 wont boot

Some of my friends called me to have me play some Counter-Strike: Source at a lan party last night and everything was going great. We got a few games in and then Steam locked up and I Command+Q the program to exit out then restart it. However every time I tried to get it to start it would show the Steam icon in my bar at the bottom but it would not load. I decided to try restarting my Mac and it took a few minutes for it to power down, I had to forcefully exit Crossover and then it shut down. When powering up, everything went normal until it got to the Apple screen. It looks normal, gray screen with the gray apple and the spinning gears. However, the only activity the computer will do is spin the gear. I tried shutting it down then restarting it with single user mode to do a fsck and everything appeared normal. Restarted then and nothing. I shut down then got my Apple CDs and tried to boot from CD and it would just go to the same screen with the gear. I tried to boot in safe mode and got nothing from it. I then decided it would be best to wait it out trying to boot from CD. Its been loading for the past 12 hours. Has anyone had this problem before, if so.. how do I solve it?

That's what happened to my iMac the two times the motherboard died. Best to take it into the Apple store and have them look at it.

Alright, I hope not. The nearest Apple store is a 4 hour drive away with good traffic.

*Edit: If the Mobo died, how is it able to boot to the screen that has the gear. I can almost do a single user boot. Let me post the error it gave me this morning before work. disk0s2: 0xe0030005 (UNDEFINED).

You're seeing the firmware loading, essentially the BIOS screen. If it never gets beyond that point you've most likely got some bad hardware issue going on.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGZoOXhDUmJ0OHVUdGU1YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9