CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
AJ
AJ
Posted 2009-02-20 21:43
so i downloaded the demo for crossover, and im playing a game called Silkroad (don't tell me its a stupid game, i was just checking it out). I downloaded it on Monday in the afternoon. then Yesterday (thursday afternoon) My game just stops working and when i try to play the game, the main menu opens (without any updates or the start button) as if  my crossover was failing to support the game. (it worked for 3 days, then it stopped basicaly). what should i do? what is happening

Jack Phinney
Jack Phinney
Posted 2009-02-25 16:08
The Crossover games demo only lasts 7 days, so depending on when you downloaded and installed Crossover itself, your demo period may have expired already (there also could be issues with the "timer" on your system, this has been known to happen).  If Crossover is still running fine but the game itself refuses to start, there could have been an update to the game itself that confused Crossover.  If that's the case, your best bet is probably to delete that bottle and re-install silkroad into a new bottle.  

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==