CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Can I Run IE6 on XP?
charlie
charlie
Posted 2009-02-21 18:20
Can I run IE6 on XP without actually having and setting up XP on  my Mac? The current IE6 for Mac is obviously for Windows 98 and this does me no good.

Thanks
Jay Hill
Jay Hill
Posted 2009-02-22 16:23
Yes, but it's XP (basic version) and not SP2.  So, you may not be able to get what you need.  I need to have the changes made in SP2 but they're not currently available in CO.
charlie
charlie
Posted 2009-02-22 20:05
Darn. I guess this means I have to drop XP onto my Mac then huh? I need to cross browse check for web design and trying to avoid putting anything Microsoft on my Mac. Hope my computer doesn't catch on fire.
Jay Hill
Jay Hill
Posted 2009-02-24 16:14
Yeah.  I ended up having to revert back to using VMWare Fusion as I can't get the IE6 with XP SP2 that's needed for the Outlook Web Access features that require that SP.  I still give some things a try in CrossOver and it's a great program for what it can do but what you're wanting, it just isn't ready for that yet.

If you're going to install XP on your Mac for what you need, I'd highly recommend using a VM (whether VMWare, Parallels or other Open Source VMs).  Definitely the way to go as you don't have to reboot.  If you're comparing sites in different browsers, it will be THE way to go.
Jack Phinney
Jack Phinney
Posted 2009-02-25 16:26
Hey guys,

As a note on this thread, we'll have IE7 ready for our next version of Crossover Office, which should ship in the second quarter of this year.  
Jay Hill
Jay Hill
Posted 2009-02-27 13:48
That's great news!  I think I signed up as an advocate for that so let me know what I can do to help!!

Thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTc4NTg3MzkzfQ==