CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How can I use the Windows app icon in the Mac dock?

Hi, I thought it was possible to use the original Windows program icon in the Mac dock, however all I can achieve is the Crossover app icon. This is little use if I have 4 Crossover apps all in the dock, as they all have the same icon.

Is there a way to replace that with the original Windows icon?

Thanks.

When you launch the programs in question, do their original icons appear in the dock? If so, you can right-click and select "keep in dock" to keep those icons in place after closing down.

If you get a Crossover icon when launching the programs, you'll first need to copy in the proper icon from some other source into the "Get Info" of the launcher icon, launch the program, and then save the icon to the dock.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHB2QUNTbnBDZmVYZ1g4QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9