CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

most reliable office setup.

Hi first of all, great product!!

I am behind a microsoft exchange server, and used to using outlook 2007.
I really dont like entourage, and im not a fan of mail.app either.

my administrator said i can have office 2000, 2003 or office 2007.

we already have office 2008 for mac so i will continue to use that for word and excel so they are not a worry.

My question is what will i be best off using out of all the outlook versions, and what are the known issues?
the info here on the forum seems a little bit fragmented and at times, contradictory.

thanks in advance for any assitance.
B

We use Outlook 2007 on a day to day basis in-house and I actually enjoy it (I know, I know...), Outlook 2003 is our Sales Department favorite. I would say that both are rather stable, although they may take some tweaking to get everything set up (but I bet once set up that either will be more reliable than on a native box... just my humble, some what jaded opinion).

If you have trouble setting it up, open a support ticket and we will help.

Thanks for your support!

Is there a list of tweaks to make Outlook 2007 stable? Mine locks up frequently. I don't even compose messages in Outlook, as it will probably lock up in the middle of the message. I'm hoping that the new version of Crossover and Office SP1 and SP2 will fix this, but meanwhile, after reading your post, I have to think I'm doing something wrong, since I would describe my Outlook 2007 as anything but reliable.

Thanks - hope you can help.

A good one to try right now is install IE6 into the same bottle as Outlook 2007, it can provide some libraries that Outlook 2007 may look for.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjdXUVVzMlBDR1JwNkJ6cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9