CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Community and chat In-Game

I purchased the orange box yesterday.
Yet, I have been using steam already, for quite some time, with other games.
However, I cannot use my windows anymore, so I found crossovers.
The games work sooth and run like a breaze, but I cannot access the community in game (Shift+Tab) as default. I set it to (Shift-Delete), because thats what I use on my windows and I'm used to it. Is that why its not working?
The pop-up in the lower right isn't even showing in any of the games I launch in crossovers.

Help much appreciated, I really don't want to buy a new windows just to use steam games to their full potential.

Hi,
This doesn't work yet, but I hope that it will with some future CrossOver version. It is a tricky problem, arguably a bug in Steam. It has been asked before, I recommend to search the forum if you want the fully detailed technical description.

I've been working on that some time ago and got it working with some ugly changes to the GCC compiler. So far I haven't gotten them into GCC upstream and I have been distracted by regressions in some games and other issues.

Note that you do not have to use the Steam Overlay for chatting - all Multiplayer games have an in-game chat that is more comfortable to use(won't give you out-of-game chat though).

Ah, thanks for that clarification. Pity.

I did have a look few the first few pages of the forums but I could find nothing.

I suppose I could always use windowed mode :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3A2QnBjeWFIV3JWNEp1ZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9