CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver or CrossOver Games?

Hi I'm a Mac user and I've got my eyes on Crossover i currently run windows XP in bootcamp it works good. But still there is the problem with rebooting as soon as you need the other O. CrossOver seems to eliminate that "problem". I've tried out some both CrossOver and CrossOver Games i can't figure out the real difference between them.

My question is.
What is the difference between CrossOver and CrossOver Games?

And for me that would like to run both Games and standard x86 applications witch CrossOver should i purchase?

Dawda wrote:

Hi I'm a Mac user and I've got my eyes on Crossover i currently run
windows XP in bootcamp it works good. But still there is the problem
with rebooting as soon as you need the other O. CrossOver seems to
eliminate that "problem". I've tried out some both CrossOver and
CrossOver Games i can't figure out the real difference between them.

My question is.
What is the difference between CrossOver and CrossOver Games?

And for me that would like to run both Games and standard x86
applications witch CrossOver should i purchase?

CrossOver Games is tooled to run Games and has the necessary pieces to handle advanced graphics of many of the newest releases. However, supporting these does not allow for a stable environment for office products.

CrossOver is tooled to run office products and has the necessary pieces to handle heavily weighted applications such as Outlook. But, supporting these does not make a good, stable environment for games.

I would recommend the CrossOver Pro package (which includes CrossOver and CrossOver Games). It's cost covers 12 months of support (where as the two by themselves only come with 6 months of support). It also has the option to renew the 12 month support period at a substantial discount (where as the two by themselves require the purchase of a new license every six months). Basically, the Pro package pays for itself as soon as you pass six months (or right away if you want both versions).

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjdNMlRmOE5kZTZLdlF5dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9