CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Half Life 2 fails to start

It seems that every time I try to run Half Life 2 it begins to run then crashes despite several installs. What makes this more annoying is that the game used to run on my mac :S

Anyone know what could be wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Hernán

you might want to check out the compatibility db, there is some info there.

This post sounded similar to your problem:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1168;forum=1;msg=40779

and you might want to try the tips and tricks:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1168;tips=1

You might also want to mention what version cross over your using (as well as if you're using cross over or cross over games), mac model you have, ram and the video adapter you have in your mac. Other things that might help them might be what things you have tried to solve the problem...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that's about it.

I'm currently on a Macbook Pro with an ATI Radeon X1600 (256MB) and leopard 10.5.6.
I'm also using Crossover 6.2.1

Thanks again,

Hernán

I've also tried messing with all the launch options without success as per other threads regarding HL2..

have you considered trying 7.2 to see if it works better in that?

I would but am not fond of having to pay for an upgrade of a product I've already paid for..

I did try the latest version of crossover games (trial version) and that was also unsuccessful.

Hernán

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVh4S3dMNFAzNUozV2ZoViIsImdkcHIiOjB9