CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE6 or higher?

I have a bottle with Office 2007 installed. It works pretty well. New job assignment, and I've come across a web app that requires IE6 or higher. Both Office 2007 and this web app are required to do my day-to-day job, so I'd like to have both available.

What I have to do now is run Office 2007 in Crossover, and fire up a Parallels XP VM to run IE7. Call me Captain Obvious, but I'd like to avoid this kludge.

Is there any way to get an IE6 instance to be invoked by a hyperlink in the Office 2007 instance in a Crossover bottle?

• Can I install IE6 in that xinxp bottle? I think that won't work, from what I read.
  • Can I install IE6 in a bottle based on an earlier version of Windows, like win2k, or win98, and have the default browser in the winxp bottle with my Office 2007 set to IE6 in this other bottle?
  • Can I downgrade the Windows version in my existing bottle from winxp to something earlier, install IE6 in it, and still have Office 2007 run properly? My guess is unlikely.
  • Any other suggestions, other than do it all in a Parallels VM?

-Ian Duff.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic21FQWFuSkZlcjZCV0ZubiIsImdkcHIiOjB9