CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games 7.1.1 crashes before botting up (Symbol not found: _XAppleWMSendPSN)

Hi,

I obtained Crossover Office and Crossover Games during the 24 giveaway at the ectend of October 2008. I haven't installed it until now because I didn't have a reason to until now.

When I launch cross over games, I program lauches and then crashes.

The crash log states the following:

Process:         quartz-wm [1063]
Path:            /usr/bin/quartz-wm
Identifier:      quartz-wm
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  CrossOver Games [1054]

Date/Time:       2009-06-10 10:30:18.676 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  FA3FDA61-AADE-4934-AA9B-11D9C6B7E90A

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _XAppleWMSendPSN
  Referenced from: /usr/bin/quartz-wm
  Expected in: /Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/X11/lib/libAppleWM.7.dylib

Can anyone help me rectify this?

Thanks!

Have you by any chance upgraded your implementation of XQuartz to 2.3.3.2? If so, the failures you're seeing are due to a slightly outdated version of Crossover Games. We released an update which accounts for the updated XQuartz implementation, which you'll find in you My Account->My Downloads section on our website. Download and install the latest version of CX Games and see if you can launch successfully.

Hi. I am having the same problem with Crossover (NOT Games). Will this be adressed in a future release?

Best Regards.

Can you give the just released CrossOver 8 a try?

And just to clarify, we had released CrossOver 7.1.2 to fix the XQuartz-induced crash back on the day it happened. Obviously, that's been superseded by CrossOver 8, now, but if for some reason you aren't ready to upgrade to 8, you can still download 7.1.2 from the Archived Downloads tab of your My Downloads page.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVd3YlFQTkxRS3phektrQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9