CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Games not opening in steam?

Hello I own a macbook (one of the new kind) while games like Garry's Mod and TF2 work fine, I just downloaded a Demo of Blueberry garden and Audiosurf and they don't open at all. I installed them fine but when I try to launch them nothing happens!

What could be causing this?

Unfortunately not all games run with CrossOver Games and not all applications run with CrossOver. This is due to the nature of the beast... CrossOver is always a work in progress and is always improving.

The easiest thing to do when trying out new games is to check our Compatibility Center to see if anyone has gotten the game running.

For Audiosurf, it looks pretty bleak:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3887

For Blueberry Garden, there is no entry. This doesn't mean it won't run, it just means no one has submitted the application to us. For cases like this, you can search WineHQ, but Blueberry Garden is new enough that it's not there. So, I looked it up on Steam... here's why it doesn't run in CrossOver:

Steam Description of Blueberry Garden

[b]# Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Requirements: NET 2.0 Framework, XNA 3.0 support

DirectX® Version: DirectX® 9.0c[/b]

CrossOver is only starting to support .Net 2.0 Framework. XNA 3.0 support is misleading, it actually means the program will require .Net 3.5 support (a building block for XNA 3.0). We are working on .Net 3.5 support, but we are not there yet. Finally, DirectX 9 as a requirement can be sketchy on some games and you will first have to install DirectX9 through CrossOver Games... and then you may need some additional tweaks. This looks like a good candidate down the road... but right now it's not going to run.

I'm also having this problem. I've only been playing TF2, which ran fine in 7.1.1, but then it decided to not open whenever I try to launch the game. I updated to 7.2.2 and still it will say 'Preparing to launch TF2' but that window goes away and nothing happens after that.

You may want to try deleting your clientregistry.blob file, which you'll find in your Steam bottle's .../drive_c/Program Files/Steam/ directory (with Steam and Crossover turned off, of course). This preferences file may have gotten corrupted. When you launch Steam again, the file will be re-created.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXE2ZWFuVXh0Z1dRSEdCViIsImdkcHIiOjB9