CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I cannot Input Chinese into Word2007/PowerPoint2007/Excel2007 in CrossOver Mac 8.0.

Hi,
I have tried the lastest CrossOver Mac 8.
My Leopard version is 10.5.7, and I have set the default system language to English as I do not like the translated Chinese OSx interface , but I do set the AppleLocale to zh_CN (defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleLocale zh_CN).
The winxp bottle is much better compared with the previous CrossOver version, the Chinese character display is very good, and Visio object in word is now worked.

But the Chinese input method is now greatly degenerated.I cannot input Chinese into Word2007/PowerPoint2007/Excel2007, meanwhile Chinese Input in other applications seems ok, I can input normally in OneNote2007/Notepad.

And I tried to set the default system language to Simplified Chinese, the Chinese Input seems ok except that all chatacters that I input are treated as Chinese(Taiwan), and the Chinese font is awful.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Did you try setting the environmental variables in cxbottle.conf?

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/cxoffice62_choosedifferentlanguage

Jack Phinney wrote:

Did you try setting the environmental variables in cxbottle.conf?

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/cxoffice62_choosedifferentlanguage

Hi,
I tried to set LANG env variable to en_US.UTF-8 and zh_CN.UTF-8, but the problem doesn't disappear.

Was this better in earlier versions of Crossover? To my knowledge we didn't make any Chinese-specific changes, but it's possible that there was an unintended regression.

You could install Crossover 7.1 alongside 8.0 for use with Office 2007 (this may cause problems, but in theory it should work well). You'll want to change the application name of Crossover as currently installed to Crossover8 (or something like that), and then install Crossover 7.1. You'll then have two Crossover launchers in Applications, one named 7.1. They'll both access the same bottle directories, so when you fire up 7.1, you should see Office 2007 in your programs menu. Keep in mind, though, that every time you launch a different version of Crossover from the last one, Crossover will update the bottle directories, which will take a little bit. This shouldn't cause many errors, but it's also not standard operating procedure.

Crossover tries to find the closest equivalent font on your native Mac OSX to replace the font being called for by the Windows program, but often times these fonts don't have very similar names, so Crossover's guesses can give you pretty shaky-looking fonts, esp. in non-English locales, for which we haven't done much work with the font-replacement scripts.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXJBM3RCY1NBeEd5UXJ6VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9