CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crystal Reports XI

Hi All,

I am trying to get Crystal Reports XI running on v8.

It installed without a problem, but on launching it complained that it couldn't find keycode.dll

I regsvr32'd that DLL and now it loads, although when it tries and renders the start page (which is a webpage) it crashes.

Then I realised it might need IE6 (I had IE7 installed) so I set up a new bottle with Core Fonts, etc etc, and IE6.

Now the start page loads but when I try to create a new report I get the error "Failed to create the Crystal Database Connector"

So, two questions.

1) Anyone have any clue why it crashes
or failing that
2) Where's the crash log in Crossover?

Cheers for any help...

Andrew

Update : Also installed mdac_typ.exe; no luck

Second update, turned log in, and it's failing saying it can't load CLSID

{243fbf6d-e680-46da-9d5d-503899f1aee5}

Andrew

next update (ok maybe I should have waited before posting....)

I ran the command

wine regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\common files\business objects\3.0\bin\crqe.dll"
Successfully registered DLL c:\program files\common files\business objects\3.0\bin\crqe.dll

Which fixed that problem, but now it's complaining "Memory full"

More updates, had a brain wave.

regsvr32'd a few more DLLs and it now loads the designer!

Going to regsvr32 all the dlls in the bin dir then try some more....

One more step :D

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9710/picture1esq.png

Managed to get a new report created, and saved.

It crashes if you try to add fields in designer, but if you add them in preview it doesn't crash.

Infact any action using designer seems to crash

Investigating...

Dump...

http://pastebin.ch/1974

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3M0N2ZQRUh4M3g3ZEtuUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9