CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't Justify Buying Cross Over games. HELP!

Hey,

I have a dilema,

I would most graciously like to buy CrossOver games for Mac, but the only problems are as follows;

• It is a quite large sum of money for a student.

• I only wont this software for one game (Which is a free MMORPG anyway)

• During the trial the software kept crashing far too many time's. Saying some thing along the lines of "Unexpected error, application will now close - CrossOver games"

Is there any thing else you could suggest for me, as I am not willing to pay this amount just to use the softare once, Maybe you could create a special program where it only allows one bottle as you call it for a cheaper price?

Thanks

Joe.

joe wrote:

Hey,

I have a dilema,

I would most graciously like to buy CrossOver games for Mac, but the
only problems are as follows;

• It is a quite large sum of money for a student.

• I only wont this software for one game (Which is a free MMORPG
    anyway)

We offer student rebates - just write to sales@codeweavers.com. We'll need some form of proof that you're a student from you, like a scanned copy of your student ID.

joe wrote:

• During the trial the software kept crashing far too many time's.
    Saying some thing along the lines of "Unexpected error, application
    will now close - CrossOver games"

Is there any thing else you could suggest for me, as I am not
willing to pay this amount just to use the softare once, Maybe you
could create a special program where it only allows one bottle as
you call it for a cheaper price?

Unfortunately we cannot financially justify debugging a single application for a single sale, we have to focus on more requested apps.

Since CrossOver is for the biggest part open source, and all our work goes back to Wine, you have the alternative to download Wine and try to figure out what's going wrong in your game yourself. The advantage is that it is free cash-wise, often an interesting technical challenge. The obvious disadvantage is that you need programming knowledge and time(maybe lots of it - debugging can take quite a while, and there's no progress bar to predict when you found the problem). In case of technical questions the Wine developer community can help you, I am part of it as well. Though most of the time those are questions like "How does code X work or how is functionality Y implemented" rather than "How do I get game X running".

Hello, thank's for the information! I do have some slight knowledge with programming, but its only with C++, and I will defently send the email with proof of me being a student, Thank's for the information.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR25tazR5WTg3VktrVHp4dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9