CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

File associations

Is it possible to associate certain file types in Mac Finder with a Windows application which is installed under CrossOver Mac, resp. use the 'Open with...' feature from Mac Finder's context menu?

I would like to be able to directly queue MP3 files in the Foobar2000 audio player.

Thanks.

I think this is a simple and basic question, yet I could not find any thread concerned with it.

I found out that drag&drop is not possible - Just the same, either CrossOver Mac can have file associations in Mac Finder forwarded to a particular software running inside of itself, or it cannot, so please someone enlighten me!

Thanks.

It's possible but the Mac OS doesn't register what type of files programs installed in Crossover can open. You can force the file association by doing a Get Info on the file you want to associate, under Open With: pick Other... and then change the dropdown from 'Recommended Applications' to 'All Applications'. Then navigate to the Window's application icon (that Crossover has created) and select that as the program to use to open that file. Change All... will of course set this association for all files of that type then.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS21TUFNnWE54dWhzWW5YdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9