CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Data Access Components Help

OK, so I'm trying to install an unsupported application, BDGest', and everything works fine until i have to open an .mdb file. I contacted the BDGest Creator, and he told me that the Microsoft Data Access Components is probably what is missing (located here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c

I installed it, still not working. Is there a special way to install Microsoft component to the "bottles" Should I use different bottles? CAN I use different bottles?"

Here's a link to the BDGEST download, in case someone wnats to try it!
http://www.bdgest.com/telecharger.php

Thank you!

Antoine

You can actually install the MDAC package via Crossover's Install Software menu. This version of MDAC has been specifically tooled to install correctly in Crossover. To do so:

first go to Crossover->Preferences->Installer Assistant and un-hide Service Packs & Dependencies
then go to Configure->Install Softare
Select the MDAC package from the list (there are two options - "modern" and "2.5 sp3")
proceed to install it into the same bottle as BDGest

If your first selection didn't work very well, try the other MDAC. At that point it may be best to wipe our your current BDGest bottle and then install BDGest and the other MDAC option into a brand new one. Please keep in mind that since this is an unsupported application, we really don't know how, or if, it will work in Crossover. The MDAC problem may not be the only one :\

For future reference - you'll want to install all primary applications into their own separate bottles. That way if you have to delete/re-install, you won't lose any other apps. Dependency packages like MDAC must be installed into the same bottle as the application that it supports. Apps/packages in different bottles cannot "see" each other - bottles are self-contained environments, as far as they're concerned.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWQ0VXBwN3ZLWks5cjRoaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9