CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Half Life 2: Episode 2 bug

Hi, i've been running the trial version of crossover mac, and I've been playing half life 2, lost coast, episode 1, counter-strike: source without a hitch (you guys are awesome, thanks for that), But when I try to open Half-Life 2: Episode 2, it never reaches passed the blurred image with the "Loading..." in the bottom right corner. I have tried -autoconfig, -dxlevel 81 and -win 800600 but none of these work.

Can anyone help? I'm really itching to play this game!!

Thanks

and have now tried '-startwindowed'. Note: Each of these executable commands have been done separately and not in a compilation with each other.

Also have now tried with this exact command line.

-applaunch 420 -novid -no -dxlevel 90 +mat_forcehardwaresync 0 -startwindowed

Please consider filing a support ticket for this issue. Also please provide the operating system, graphics card and driver you're using.

Sorry I didnt consider saying that in the first post. It seems that this happens fairly regularly with episode 2. I will attempt the 5gb download again to see if that fixes it.

Am running:
iMac 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400, with 128MB VRAM

and all the rest that comes standard with iMac bought at the begginning of this year.

Through further looking into it, it seems that PC owners have had a similar problem. It says it can be resolved by giving HL2: Ep2 access in the firewall list. Except I can't seem to find a firewall list inside of crossover, and the OSX preferences are already set up to "allow all incoming connections".

Please, any help would be GREATLY appreciated :D.

sorry for posting again but this is where I discovered the firewall thing. it actually says to disable the firewall.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10762512#post10762512

Did disabling the firewall help?

Its kinda interesting if a single player game wants internet access...

i cant see where it's possible to disable the firewall. I've tried setting it so i can set my own list of trusted applications or whatever, adding crossover, but it still wont work. And yea, i agree it is interesting about the single player thing.

ok problem has been solved.

I just input "-console" into the game launch options or whatever they're called and voila, game works. just needed to set the appropriate video settings for my computer, and reset all keys to default and it works fine. needed a few crashes to get going at the start but am now half way through episode 2... it kicks ass haha.

Cheers anyway guys :D

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVNHQk42UXh4TWE1N2tVVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9