CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Copy files from imac to my Win App

I have some jpeg files on the imac that i need to use in Dreamweaver, installed in CrossOver on the same machine. How can I copy them to the windows app? I have tried to paste them into a web page, but only the file names paste, not the files.

First, the file open dialogs of Windows applications can browse to any folder on your Mac. Although the C: drive is specific to the bottle, the Y: drive is normally mapped to your home folder and the Z: drive is mapped to the base of your boot drive, from which you can reach everything else. Other drives and volumes can be accessed via Z:\Volumes.

Second, the C: drive of your bottle is really just a folder. From CrossOver's Manage Bottles window, on the Advanced tab, you can ask to open the C: drive folder in the Finder. You can also navigate there manually:

(your home folder)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/(bottle name)/drive_c

Thanks Ken, I hoped it was something like that. I appreciate the detailed reply.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRnEzNjVzNjc5Q2MyQ2dldSIsImdkcHIiOjB9