CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need some help

I recently bought the full version, but I'm having issues out of nowhere. The Trial Version worked nearly perfectly, but when I upgraded after my trial period ended, suddenly hardly anything worked anymore. For example, I've tried every game on the orange box, and this is what happens:

TF2: Starts normally, but whenever I try to enter a server, it crashes
Portal: Gets to the fuzzy loading screen like normal, then crashes
HL2: Seemed fine at first, but when I left the building you start the game in, the FPS droped so low that it rendered the game unplayable.

This never happened with the trial version, but as soon as I upgraded, this stuff started happening. I'm not sure what I did, or even if I did anything to cause this.

Bought the full version of which product (Pro, Standard, Games)? Which version was the trial and which version is the non-trial?

You appear to have purchased CrossOver Standard. For games you should, of course, use CrossOver Games. Perhaps you were using a trial of Games but then (accidentally?) purchased Standard? If that's what happened, open a support ticket and ask to have your order switched from Standard to Games. Then you'll be able to download and register a copy of Games which should run your games as well as the trial did. (With CrossOver Games 8 just having been released, it should run them better. 😊)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMm1TWlM3NHZ6UDZ2TGdYYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9