CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Mac Pro

Before I bought Crossover Mac Pro, I tried out Crossover Games. I was interested to see if it was worth while getting 2 copies, as my wife is subscribed to RealArcade, which she runs from Windows XP within Parallels. I never figured out how to install RealArcade, so I deleted Crossover Games from my computer.

Then I bought Crossover Mac Professional, and my applications that ran on Crossover Mac still ran.

Today, I noticed on http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/, that Crossover Mac Pro includes Crossover Games. But installing it did not produce a separate product. Does that mean Crossover Mac as installed on my computer runs both types of programs?

I think so. You should be able to install your games to Crossover Mac Pro.

Not quite, but you can download and register cxgames for free when you have a Pro license. Its still two products installed on your mac though.

We understand that this is a bit unfortunate for you users, but separating the products from a technical point of view allows us to ship one without waiting for bugfixes or new features to finish on the other. So it eases our releases a lot and allows faster releases. When we still had the all-in-one, by the time the beta testing was finished Wine has advanced so much that we could already ship a new release.

Will Crossover Games know that I have Crossover Pro and not time out?

Also, with both Crossover Pro and Crossover Games, how does an application know which one to run?

Crossover Games and Crossover Office don't really interact with each other. You shouldn't run into any 'timing out' issues. Also, when you insert an install disc, Crossover Office will probably grab it before Games. An easy way to be sure you're installing with the right version of CX is to fire up Crossover's install windows software menu (in either Games or Office) before inserting your install disc.

I tried running Crossover Games today. It asked me for my e-mail address and password. I checked my correspondence and did not find a password.

If you have an account on our site, you can use your email address and password to unlock CrossOver Games. If you do not remember your password you can use our login page to retrieve your password. If the problem persists, please send an email to info@codeweavers.com.

That worked. I'm trying games because I want to try the games my wife plays on Parallels - but I haven't been able to get RealArcade to download in OS-X, nor to run when I copy it from Parallels yet.

So I remembered that I do have a game on CD, and tried to run Civilization II. It created a big log and failed. Should I start a new thread with my log dump?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0s5Z2FUWmZwa1lxQ01wTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9