CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Battlefield 2 won't install.

Ok, when I put the disc in it says it's unsupported, but I've looked on the list and Battlefield 2 is supported!!! Anyway when I try to install it, it loads and it installs about 2/8 through, and I get this message: Failed to install, try again from the beginning. Well, I've tried again about a MILLION TIMES, and it won't work. The first two times it went to the point when I needed to put the second disc in, and then I get the same message. Does anyone know what the problem is???

Where have you seen that Battlefield 2 is supported? I ask because we do not wish to mislead anyone about this or any application. The listing I have is with Battlefield 2 as 'Honorable Mention' (http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1316) and only one of our Advocates ranks it as 'Bronze'; the rest say it is a status of 'Known not to work'.

You might be able to follow the steps in the forum posts to get Battlefield 2, but if you have an ATI graphics card, there is word all over that it will not work. Further, this game takes A LOT of work according to the advocate reports; and, it does not always work as they hoped.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHdSR3J0eWhQVVU1YXpkRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9