CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any successful rollercoaster tycoon 2 installations?

Has anyone been able to successfully install rollercoaster tycoon successfully?
When I try to open it up, a black screen appears and nothing happens, even though the game icon is on the dock.
Does anyone have a solution to this?

According to this app's compatibility page entry -

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=523

• it would seem the answer is 'yes', but do note the crossover
    versions being cited as working and that you apparently need a
    nocd patch to get it happening.

where would i find a nocd patch?

It's mentioned in the the forum on that page link, but to save
you some time -

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/rollercoastertycoon2.shtml

Let us know if it works for you...

when i went to the website and clicked to download it, it brought me to a new page and had "download mirror..." and went from 1 to 8 do i download all of them or just one?

also when i downloaded them, they showed up with a blank icon on my desktop.

..just one of them (apparently you don't know what a site mirror is ;)

After you grab the nocd patch, my best guess is you're then going
ask how to install the patch -- that, I cannot help you with (I
don't own the game, nor use Mac) -- if you're lucky, one of the
Mac users here might give you some pointers with that task...so be
sure to ask that question if this is the case ; I'm just letting
you know that I can't advise you in that regard (;

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2VFRlVISGY0SGE3Tk5xQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9