CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Paperport needs Internet Explorer 4 or higher to install - what to do?

Hello one and all,

I just cannot imagine that CrossOver should not be able to run PaperPort 9 or higher, so I have decided to give it a try.
However, when I try to install PP9 in a newly created bottle, it would start the installation, but soon abort it, issuein the error message: "PP9 needs Internet Explorer 4 or higher in order to run. Installation aborted."

What can I do to install it anyway.
Any clue appreciated.
Thanks.

--Michael

You can install IE-6 into a specific bottle, and then install the paperport
app. into the same bottle. Be aware I'm not too sure if paperport will work
with a hardware scanner - that'll will depend a lot on your OS' driver for
that device.

Good idea! :)

Do you know where I can get an IE6 'stand-alone' installation, perhaps?
(I am asking because I used to know IE only as part of the OS, not stand-alone)

Thanks.

You can use the cxinstaller for this, see ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-mac/install-windows

When you first start it, you will see a list of windows software you
can install - internet Explorer 6 is in that list. (at least, it is in
the linux version ;) The cxinstaller will download the ie6 installation
file for you.

Brilliant.
Will do.
Thanks! :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWVMUXdDOG1TU1V0SjVVTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9