CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover for use with IE to access security DVRs

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a security DVR system shortly and would like to be able to use the remote view/change-settings options available with these devices. Typically, these devices require one to use Internet Explorer so I assume this means ActiveX is exploited. Ofen the manufacturers explicitly declare their DVRs to be "Not Mac compatible." I have several macs and I was wondering if anyone here has had success using Crossover to communicate with such a security DVR?

A couple of examples of the security DVR's can be found at the following links:

http://ez-toyz.com/4_Camera_Network_Standalone_DVR.asp

http://www.closeoutcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CL%2D4PRO&Show=TechSpecs

Another question: does anyone have a recommendation for "crossover-like" software for a G4 mac mini?

Thanks,
--Mike

Hi,

If the app in question uses activex, then the answer is likely 'no'
as crossover does not yet support activex for a number of reasons -

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=52900

Don

There are a few dvrs that do work with macs for remote viewing thru firefox.
I am presently installing remote software for a customer using crossover the software went in and seems ok, but their is a problem connecting to the dvr, Im wondering if crossover blocks any out bound ip traffic. Feel free to contact me for compatible mac dvrs. they are inexpensive, about $750 for a 4 ch w/ 500gig. The features aren't as robust thru the mac but they are adiquate for remoteview.

I have a number of customers who watch dvrs on macs using bootcamp, so i am excited to continue testing crossover with different dvr softwares and versions.

I will keep this thread uptodate.
-Leif Neubauer
Hampton Security

Crossover doesn't block any inbound or outbound network traffic, but the Mac OS X firewall is pretty restrictive on incoming traffic by default. You might try disabling it for a moment to see if it helps.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODhnTFlhSmNLcTVBZThjOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9