CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE7 on Crossover 8 won't create a Menu Item

I have installed IE7 no less than 5 times and each time Crossover 8 will not create a menu item from which to launch IE7. Any Ideas as to what is going on. IE7 installs successfully but I can never find the program anywhere on my MAC. Thanks

Under the Configure menu try selecting Clear & Rebuild and that should recreate an IE7 icon if one wasn't created on installation.

I have the same problem and rebuilding the programs menu didn't help.

Any other ideas?

If you go into your /[user]/Applications directory, is there a Crossover folder? If so, this folder should contain the launcher icons for your programs as installed (including IE7).

If this folder is not present, there may be some sort of corruption in your Crossover install, itself, and you'll want to try a completely clean re-install of Crossover as per the instructions at this link:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeMacRemoval

and then re-install Crossover and IE7.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYmZ1ZlVHYkJYTTNVdHJWZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9