CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Printing problems from Word - also visual basic problem

Okay, I'm new to the Mac as well as Crossover Mac.

I'm using a new macbook and have the latest crossover mac version and, right now, the only thing I've installed to use with it is Office 2000.

I have two problems. Most important is printing. Printing normal full pages seems fine, but I have files set up to print to index cards - maybe 16 "cards" to the file but I only print one at a time so I use the "print current page" option.

On my laser printer, there is a special slot which basically is centered over the normal paper holder. On the new HP printer I got with the computer, you slide the card in the same place as regular paper, but on the far right side of the slot.

If I print with either printer on full size paper, I get a printout.

If I print on the laser with crossover running Word, the full size paper results in the printing on one side, not centered as a 3x5 index card would be. When I put in an index card, nothing gets printed on it. I suspect it is printing, but off to the side, rather than where the card is.

On the new printer, as the process starts, I get a "paper mismatch" and I have to put in a regular size piece of paper. It will then run through, bringing out the blank 3x5 card with it.

I tried printing the same file using Open Office and there was no problem so I figure it must be something to do with crossover - either a problem or something I need to set that I can't figure out.

Any help?

My other problem has to do with visual basic. I use that in some Excel files to simplify things and would like to keep those routines. But every routine I've run, except one, results in locking up the program. I have to force quit crossover to work in Office again.

So it would be nice if I could fix this too.

We are investigating issues surrounding printing on the Mac on special paper sizes, can you file a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com?

The problem you are seeing with Visual Basic is well known and we are working to make it perform much better but do not know when this will happen. You can submit a support ticket (or email to info@codeweavers.com) and request to be added to bug 2376 for updates.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNzRneDVwNUE0UFdFSFdtVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9