CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help with running costum applications

Hi
I'm new to all this, and I'm trying the trail to see if it works for me.
I have a small problem. I downloaded a .zip and opened it. in it, there was an .exe file. I went to crossover (the only other thing I had installed so far was internet explorer) and presses the instal software link. Then I clicked instal unsupported software. I created a bottle for it (a windowsXP one). I choose the installer file, the .exe file. After waiting for a really short while, the instalation was done. I clicked the run applications link but the only thing that I saw was the internet explorer! and if I select it manually (by going to the place where the .exe is and selecting it) nothing happens at all!
Does anybode know how to fix this?
thanks
~M

Wow, M. There's some info that's not provided that would be helpful to understand what's up.

You don't say what application it is. What application is it that you're trying to run? What are the requirements for the application? Does it require a certain version of Windows (ie. XP SP2 or SP3)? Does it require certain optional installs (ie. MDAC, ADO, .Net)? If it does require these optional installations, you should get them installed before trying to use your application. I also don't think .net is supported yet in the CrossOver Mac.

Jay Hill wrote:

Wow, M. There's some info that's not provided that would be helpful
to understand what's up.

You don't say what application it is. What application is it that
you're trying to run?
[b]It's this one:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132618&highlight=dex+order
. A tool for hacking a game.[/b]
What are the requirements for the application? Does it require a
certain version of Windows (ie. XP SP2 or SP3)?
[b]I don't know. It should be able to run on a XP, as you can see in
the screenshot[/b]
Does it require certain optional installs (ie. MDAC, ADO, .Net)?
again, I don't know.
If it does require these optional installations, you should get them
installed before trying to use your application. I also don't think
.net is supported yet in the CrossOver Mac.
[b]where do I get these. are these installable trough crossover, or
do I have to download them. in the second case: where?

comments in bold.

sorry for the lack of information, and thanks for helping me out

Hey M,

Looking at the site, there doesn't appear to be much info on what's required. I notice in the screenshot that there is an email address that you might be able to contact the person and see what's needed for it to run. I didn't create an account so I couldn't download the ZIP file. I would guess that (and it's just that) it doesn't require .net nor would it require MDAC/ADO though it could require XP SP2 so that may be related to your problem. I've tried getting SP2 installed without success.

I've got VMWare Fusion but it's up to SP3 on XP so I can't try installing it on a plain XP2 installation (which is about where CrossOver Mac is as best I can tell).

You might want to contact sebbe17@live.dk and see if he can tell you what's required to get this installed (ie. XP SP2 and any other packages). If you can get that, then you might be able make some progress but if it requires SP2, you may be out of luck for now.

Sorry I can't help any more.

Cheers.

the download link is here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40103&stc=1&d=1207428750
I hope you can download it from there. If not, I can always mail it to you.
I also mailed sebbe. Now it's just waiting…

Hey M,

I can't. I get access denied. I'll have to create an account to be able to get it. I've got some things on my schedule for today but will see if I can do anything this weekend.

Cheers,

Okay, thanks Jay.
Hmm… that's weird… I can use other .exe files. hmm… I also tweaked with the default bottle thing a bit but no results there. Maybe I have to install internet explorer (as said somewhere on the site (I don't remember where)) to create a specific kind of file which might make it run…
I'll try

EDIT: Sebbe said it should be able to run on all XPs =/ meh, if these things you mentioned were just integrated in crossover by default…

bump?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDJ1S1JSQ0F2QjVraEtmbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9