CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TortoiseSVN runs but how do you access explorer?

I've installed TortoiseSVN and all of the apps seem to execute, however most of the functionality is normally accessed via right-click in windows explorer. Is there an emulated explorer.exe or something in order to use TortoiseSVN?

I'm not sure how Tortoise works, but it might just be that the shell shortcuts pass command line arguments to the executable. So, there could even be a way to integrate that into the OSX Finder as well?

If TortoiseSVN could run on OSX, that would be huge for a lot of developers!

OK, I've gotten Tortoise to run using "run command". It seems that local file operations works on the most recent version 1.5.5, except that there is a network problem with SVN whenever you try to communicate with the server. Reverting to Tortoise 1.2.6 allows me to checkout, but trying anything else like update gives me an "Access Denied" error if I use the Y: drive in the path. If I use the regular Unix path, I get an SVN error about illegal path.

The Tortoise team replied and apparently the new versions will work if you're using svn: protocol, but not http: due to a bug in SVN itself. If you're using svn: protocol, I think it might work.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDJLNG42aFRYVUZwQVVuUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9