CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Printing from Crossover Mac broken

I have an office full of Macs (10-12) running WinXP through Parallels, and was approached by someone at MacWorld yesterday suggesting that we try using Crossover Mac instead. I downloaded and installed it today, along with IE6 and one other Windows app. I'm running on a 20" aluminum iMac -- 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo machine with 4GB RAM -- running OSX 10.4.11 and printing to an HP Laserjet 13320 with the latest printer driver installed.

Everything works fine on this machine, including printing, both natively in the Mac OSX and even in (buggy) Parallels. Unfortunately, I cannot get anything to print through Crossover Mac. I've tried printing a simple text page in IE6, as well as a page out of another app, with no success. The Mac seems to process the job just fine, but then each time I try to print the printer crashes (yellow ! light flashes on printer and must be restarted).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
GS

I have the same problem trying to print from Outlook 2007. I use the suggested workaround - print to pdf and then print the pdf. http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=41346;msg=41343 This is a known problem that is being worked on but maybe someone from codeweavers will have an update.
By the way I have found Fusion less buggy than Parallels but I never tried the latest Parallels.

Good luck.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGdQNFF6d3NaVVB0VENCYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9