CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2003 problems

I'm trying to get it installed... nothing works for me.

"Installation ended prematurely because of an error"

Anyone have any ideas?

[iMac 2.4Ghz, 4 gig RAM]

No ideas, but I have the same problem.
Trying to install Office 2003 SP2 edition and run into this issue (installed fine under Crossover 6.2)

Ok. The only way round it for now that I have discovered is to install Crossover 6.2.
Then install office 2003 and set up/configure as you wish.
Finally, run the Crossover 7 install and let it upgrade the bottle.

All works fine after that - and from the testing I have done so far - it does seem more significantly more robust than under Crossover 6.2.

Have you tried this workaround:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOffice70_InstallServicePacks

Cheers!

What happens if you original disk is actually Office2003 SP2?

I get the same error message and do not have a first release office2003 disc

cheers

David

Can you file a support ticket so that we may more closely monitor your situation?

If not, can you send an email to info@codeweavers.com which will create a ticket we can track.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any general solution available yet?

Jochen

Hi,

Same problem here - Office 2003 retail install fails mid-stream with "error".

Any ideas?

Running Office 2003 is the main reason I am trying to use Crossover.

Regards

Darren.

Got the same problem. I have got an installer in a directory on our server at the office that I need to install from.

Hi

I have 7.1 and just managed to install Office 2003 + SP2 fine and first time.

HOWEVER I want to check for updates and fix's.

How do I do this in Crossover?

Cheers.

Robin

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicGN0RkJNUVc2QmZMQTZLSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9