CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Newbie - Managing Bottles

Hi Guys,
Sorry for being such a noob on this but when installing windows apps, especially Adobe ones which contain many smaller apps within them, does Crossover keep everything in one bottle?
i.e if this bottle is deleted does every file from that app get deleted? I know when uninstalling apps from my PC I often find many rogue files still lingering about and don't want to find these with my mac.
If everything is confined to a bottle that I can delete then it just seems much cleaner thats all.
Any info would be great!
Cheers!
Ross :)

Everything that is in the bottle's C: drive will be deleted. One of the ideas behind the bottle concept is to allow easy and clean removal of apps.

Note that files outside the bottle are not deleted. E.g. if you created a document with Microsoft Word and saved it in your regular Mac/Linux home directory(Y: drive I think, or the "My Documents" place) then it will not be deleted.

Essentially a bottle is a directory on your disk - in ~/.cxoffice/ on Linux, or ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles on the mac. Deleting a bottle simply means deleting that directory and menu entries associated with the apps in it.

That's fantastic! It's so much easier than Windows itself! The amount of stuff that stays behind after an uninstall on a PC is sometimes crazy!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1hWcHhDU1pFbkp1dXFXdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9