CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Playing TF2 on my macbook pro

Hey everyone, thanks to the amazing lame duck challenge, I now have crossover games. I immediately downloaded steam, but before going online to buy team fortress 2 I remembered my friends talking about how the game has a lot of lag online when you use crossover instead of just running windows on your mac. Well I did some research online and found multiple accounts of people both having lag being able to play without problem.

I would like to know if anyone plays TF2 through steam by using crossover and wouldnt mind giving their experience on how well the game plays.

I bought my macbook pro last spring, it has a 2.5 Ghz intel core 2 duo processor with a nvidia geforce 8600 gt graphics card. Im also sure that I have plenty of RAM, but Im not on my mac right now so I cant check.

I didnt really want to waste my money and then find out that the game is unplayable due to lag.

I know this have been a while. But I have a Mac book pro and I have no problem playing TF2 or Gmod. That is until my computer begins to overheat. By a fan and aim it at the computer. This should solve the problem.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnN5NUdXQVhOVWRDVnZXTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9