CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Embedded menus don't seem to work in Windows programs

Hello,

I have the Mac version of CrossOver that I downloaded via the Lame Duck Challenge. I couldn't post a ticket so I'm posting here instead.

I have installed Office 2007 and when I run an Excel spreadsheet (a character generator for Star Wars RPG), the embedded menus in the spreadsheet don't pop down. I tried updating to Service Pack 1 but I see from reading the existing tickets that it doesn't work yet.

Similarly, I installed a free character generator program called RedBlade and the menus in it don't pop down after the first time. They will pop down once and then break. At least in that program I can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to change what's selected. In the Excel spreadsheet, the menus are just non-functional.

It seems like there's some sort of bug dealing with some type of menu in Windows programs. I tried using Windows 98 and Windows XP bottles for RedBlade but that made no difference.

Here is the link to the Excel spreadsheet. It's an Excel 2003 file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?45dxjyvgse4

RedBlade:
http://home.redblade.org/

I should mention that I tested that spreadsheet in Office 2007 when booted into Windows XP and the menus work. So, they just don't work in CrossOver.

One more update...

I installed Office 2003 and updated to Service Pack 3. The menus are still non-functional. Hasn't anyone else had this problem with Crossover? The menus work fine in both versions of Office running natively in Windows.

Is the issue lack of VBA support? Is that why the spreadsheet's menus won't work? I have Excel set to the lowest security settings and I installed all the options when installing Excel (although Crossover ignored my installer settings and installed the entire Office suite instead of just Excel).

I would suggest filing a support ticket and perhaps attaching an excel file to the ticket that we can test with. Unfortunately the forums are not the best place to get support for issues like this as they are more difficult to track than tickets (tickets we can directly assign workers to... forum posts get lost as people open new subjects). However, we are quite interested in issues like this and would be happy to take a look at this problem to see if there is anything we can do to immediately help (or if it is something that requires a bit of work and development).

Honestly, this may be a more sophisticated feature of Excel 2007 that we may not be completely familiar with, thus why we would need to be notified of problems with it.

If you file a support ticket (or send an email to info@codeweavers.com) we will get it to the right place to take a look.

Thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXhWdWRjczZ5bXN2Z1lUMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9