CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running Old DOS qbasic on cx...

Hi guys! I was wondering.. is it possible to run qbasic on cx somehow? Because one of my old dinosaur teachers gave us a qbasic little app for a few maths calculations, and i tried very hard to make it work but it seems it doesn't. On the win2000 pc of my college, it runs. I have vmware fusion with winxp installed, but since winxp is not based on DOS any longer, it can't load under winxp. Maybe there's a way, but i'm not an expert. Anyway, i tried it on a win98 and a win2000 new bottle, and in both i got the same message:

"The command "/Users/Carlos/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Bottle-2/drive_c/Program Files/efinito/qbasic.exe" returned 11.

StdOut:

StdErr:winevdm: can't exec 'C:\Program Files\efinito\qbasic.exe': invalid program file"

Do you think it is possible?

Thanks in advance..

I don't think it's going to work in Crossover. Maybe you'd have some luck with DOSbox?

Anyway i finally made it under windows!! It was just a matter of right-clicking the qbase.exe, going to properties>compatibility tab, and hitting the "executing in compatibility mode Windows 95". Thanks anyway. I post this so if anyone has a similar problem, this might be useful.

I have an old DOS program that runs fine on Win98 or WinXP PCs, or DOSbox emulation on an iMac running 10.5 (except DOSbox does not support printing).
I'd like to get it to run using CrossOver. I can "install" it just by creating a new bottle, "maanging" the bottle, using the advanced tab to open the C: drive in the Finder, then copying the DOS folder ('fdesk') containing the application and its support files to C:\fdesk. I can then use the CrossOver Programs menu item "Run Command" to run the executable file ("fdesk.exe"). That fails with error code 11 "invalid program file". I suspect all I need to do is set the properties of the executable to "executing in compaitility mode Windows 95" as suggested above; but how do I do that? Or maybe this just ain't gonna happen ...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGFkcXVnS0JRS3FNTWgyOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9