CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office XP and VBA macros.

It is my understanding that VBA macros are pretty much supposed to work fully with CXMac and OfficeXP. Correct?

When I try to install OfficeXP using the latest version of CXMac, I get an error that a newer version of DCOM95 is already installed. It allows me to install anyway without the older OLE, which I did, but the spreadsheet I was hoping to use which has many VBA macros does not even come close to working.

Any ideas?

Also, when I try to get the OfficeXP Service paks (using CX installer), they fail with error that the update cannot be applied.

VBA script has never worked to my knowledge, but macros did work sort-of back in Crossover 5. They haven't worked since then. It's on our wish list of things we'd like to see fixed for Crossover 8.

oh so VB based macros have never worked in CX? Bummer. Is there are particular reason why not? Is this something I could solve by copying some DLL's over from my windows computer?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHBhOVA1S0pycEpmdjZ2TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9