CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office 2013 Support with CrossOver 15?

I was led to believe (by following the codeweavers blogs) that the newest version of CrossOver and Wine 1.8 would support Microsoft Office 2013. But I haven't been able to get this application to install. Can anyone help with tips or guidelines as to what is needed? Or have we been duped?

It is possible to install Office 2013 and use pieces of the programs therein but your mileage may vary greatly. This is why it is not a key feature of our release. Our work on it has not stopped and we plan to have Office 2013 functional in CrossOver. My sincerest apologies if you believed that Office 2013 would just work in CrossOver 15 but I'll be happy to give the steps to get it to install.

1. Adjust CrossOver's preferences.

• on Mac:
    i. launch CrossOver
    ii. access the CrossOver drop down menu to choose Preferences
    iii. select the Installer Assistant tab
    iv. check the box for "Show entries for untested and known-not-to-work software"
    v. exit CrossOver preferences

• on Linux:
    i. launch CrossOver
    ii. access the Edit drop down menu to choose Preferences
    iii. or in a terminal, give the command:
    /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxprefs iv. check the box for "Show entries for untested and known-not-to-work software"
    v. exit CrossOver preferences

2. Download the CrossTie for Office 2013 by clicking the Install Now button on the Office 2013 page

3. Point CrossOver 15 at your installer for Microsoft Office 2013

With extreme caution, Office 2013 has a lot of issues that still need to be solved. If it was your sole reason for purchasing CrossOver, please contact our Support Team.

Hi Caron

Thanks for your quick reply!

The link you provided to the Office 2013 installation assistant doesn't display a CrossTie for download yet. Perhaps in the near future this will be updated and I can try again. I'll keep any eye out.

Cheers

I noted this morning that a CrossOver Tie is now available for Microsoft Office 2013, and I was indeed able to install Microsoft Visio x86 2013 successfully.
The application also loaded and allowed me to select my preferred options. However, I was unable to activate it since the Microsoft Server could not be contacted.
When I selected a Visio template to open, the program crashed immediately.

So progress is being made but we're not quite there yet!

Cheers

Geoffrey Zimmer wrote:

I noted this morning that a CrossOver Tie is now available for
Microsoft Office 2013, and I was indeed able to install Microsoft
Visio x86 2013 successfully.
The application also loaded and allowed me to select my preferred
options. However, I was unable to activate it since the Microsoft
Server could not be contacted.
When I selected a Visio template to open, the program crashed
immediately.

So progress is being made but we're not quite there yet!

Activation is the biggest reason we did not feature Office 2013 as part of our release. The reasons after that are crashes such as the one you experienced.

It's a great proof of concept to see Office 2013 in action but we did not feel it would be accurate to say Office 2013 works with CrossOver 15.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1U3Q1Z1TVFhSFR6OEs2eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9