CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

forgive the newbie question

I have recently installed crossover 15 - full licensed version, so that I could play a little EQ2

i installed using the tie, and with the exception of the html wrapper 7 all was fine

once the install was finished, I was able to log into everquest 2 fine and played - cool beans

I then closed crossover, and powered down the mac

when i restarted and went to start the eq2 in crossover - the bottle tells me:
"There is no windows program configured to open this type of file"

I can't see what I have missed - all pointers gladly accepted

cheers in advance

Pete

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what has happened but I could suggest a few pointers:

• Restart your mac
• Reinstall Crossover
• Reinstall EQ2
• Try again and see if it happens and maybe post some screenshots?
• Go to configure and click 'Clear and Rebuild Programs' (It's in the menu bar, at the top)

Try a few of those, hope that helps :)

• Jasper

thanks for that

i totally removed and reinstalled crossover - all good to go now thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR21KemFTZWNIRmhWek5DbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9