CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Picture is tiny square in corner of screen

I'm trying to play a game not listed in the database: Hearts of Iron 1, from GOG. I'm running into a problem that perhaps has been seen in other games: The picture for the opening video is a small square in the bottom right of the screen. Once the starting video is over (I can't seem to stop it), the game seems to play normally, so far.

Is there any sort of known fix for this kind of issue? I've tried turning on Emulate a Virtual Desktop, with no effect.

Crossover 16 b2, OS X 10.11.6.

When you tried to emulate a virtual desktop, did you also enable the legacy x window system? The Mac Driver (our default display driver on macOS) cannot do virtual desktop mode, but the old X11 driver can. (The setting for using X is in the 'gears' menu for your bottle, under the sub-menu 'settings').

Having the X Window system on with no virtual desktop worked great in 15.3.1. Having the X Window system on crashes the program in 16.b2.

Having this problem as well. Only just installed Crossover to play Stronghold Legends.

Is there any guidance on what settings should be set for different games?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclR5OTRCc3g2Yjd6cGFrYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9