CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Old Bottles wont go away

I have been updating Crossover for quite a while, but have very old bottles.

I can't get them to run (Quicken 2015, Irfanview 4.33, etc) and am very willing to delete them and start over.

Still, this is disconcerting, as I didn't expect this conundrum. How do I delete old bottles? (yes, the minus sign - nope does not work "failed to delete")

I'm willing to start over. Any help?

Thanks.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Forced shutdown also simply freezes forever.

Wow, I can't even reboot.

what OS version are you running?

Opening a support ticket may help us at least track the issue (Obviously you'll want to reboot soon - probably before a response to a ticket can happen. But if this issue persists at least we can attempt to find out what is happening.)

I am using the latest Mac OS High Sierra, latest update.

I rebooted by holding down the power key and restarting.

I am working toward solution. I finally deleted Quicken 2015 and Irfanview.

As for esword, I'm trying to get the modules out before I delete it, but cannot see anyway to ungrey out the "open c drive" operation.

Where are they actually located?

Dan T. Davis wrote:

As for esword, I'm trying to get the modules out before I delete it,
but cannot see anyway to ungrey out the "open c drive" operation.

Where are they actually located?

In CrossOver's GUI, there is a list of individual bottles. By default, the top selection says 'All Bottles'. Just to eliminate possible problems, you do have one of the individual bottles selected when you try to select 'open c drive', correct?

If 'Open c drive' is greyed out when you do have a bottle selected, then I am surprised. Are you in a multi-user setup of any kind, where these bottles might be in a directory with unusual permissions?

By default, CrossOver's bottles are in ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles

Each subdirectory of that directory is a single bottle. I'm not sure where e-Sword stores its modules, but each Bottle has a drive_c which is the c: drive of the bottle. That should mimic a Windows c: drive, so wherever e-Sword would store the modules you're interested in on Windows, they should be in the same location inside drive_c.

what happens if you Export those Bottles to an Archive,
and then Import those Bottles back into a later version of Crossover ??
& after which, you can then attempt to delete those older Bottles, without any issues.

almost all of my Bottles are backed up into an archive, and then onto an external HDD,
from where they can then be Imported back into what ever Crossover Version,
that is installed on the machine, that I'm wanting to use . .

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFI3SGZtczV6OGFUR0ZaeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9