CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover - Mac OS Mojave - and older Windows apps

I have been running an old Widows app (Lotus Approach part of their Smart Suite) under Windows 10 - running on High Sierra under BootCamp. But I plan on eventually upgrading (had issues upgrading 3 times and gave up till the next update) to Mojave.
Was wondering:
(1) Anyone experience any problems/strange behaviors running Crossover under Mojave?
(2) If Crossover runs properly - how about running older Windows programs? Approach/Smart Suite has not been updated by Lotus for MANY years since 2005, but runs fine on any version of Windows through 10 and seems to play nice "now" with Crossover.

Need some suggestions/advice since I am still within my trial period and would hate to throw out money if it won't continue to run once I get Mojave installed.
Thanks

Hi Steven,

even if your question is some days ago I'll try to comment.

(1) No, not yet. When I moved to Mojave, it was a very smooth transition and problems with Crossover didn't appear.
(2) I also have the feeling that CX18 on Mojave seems to be faster (regarding haptic response) but I have no real benchmark data for this feeling. Every program which was working before (with CX17 or High Sierra) is also working with CX18/Mojave - but that's just my environment. I think, if your programs were running with CX before, it should work on Mojave, too.

Bye
Björn

No problems, actually, but warning messages do appear every now and then, obviosly issued by Mojave, telling me that this (Crossover 18.0.0.31656) is "outdated" and should be updated. Because otherwise, it will not run any more in newer Mojave's or macOS's. I can click this message away and everything runs fine, but somehow it concerns me ...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1dCZkpLNDZRN2FnTWdkSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9