CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Where to ask a question about USB “write protected drive”?

Hi there and thanks for any help.

Where should I ask this question?

I am trying out CrossOver. The first thing I want to do is use Renault Media Nav Toolbox to see if I can update my car’s GPS maps. I have installed CrossOver and Renault Media Nav Toolbox. When I insert a USB stick (containing the car’s data) I am told that I have inserted a write protected drive. (It’s not write protected on the Mac OS desktop.)

There seem to have been other people with this issue with Wine/Crossover/others and some talk of needing to run with Administrator privileges but I haven’t found a solution through google. I can see that someone asked this question last year but that topic has a lock next to it and the thread name is displayed in strike-through text.

Can anyone answer this for me here, or do I need to lodge a support ticket or an app-specific question?

Thanks again
Scott

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmR4R3o4dWFWNGZHZGRTQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9