CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to exit full screen mode of games?

Mac Catalina.
I tried contacting direct support but it's been almost three weeks with no response, so here I am.

This isn't specific to any one game or bottle, I just don't understand how I go about changing full-screen mode to windowed mode. Once the game is launched I have absolutely no way of interacting with anything else but the game unless I quit the game, and I don't like that. I'd prefer to have games in a window to allow multi-tasking, or at the very least to give me access to menu bars to be able to switch between windows without leaving a game.

I've tried reading the help articles about Working with Bottles, etc and nothing explained how to do this. Saw a few references in past forum posts to the 'winecfg' and how people managed to alter between full screen and windowed screen setting through that, but none of them explained how to access let alone use 'winecfg', so again, here I am.

Can this be done? If so, can someone dumb down the process for how to go about doing this?

Thank you

You’ll need to select windowed mode from within the game.

The macDriver doesn’t support and emulated Virtual Desktop (unfortunately it’s been years but I’m told it’s very hard to implement...)

The option you’ll keep seeing referenced works on Linux as there using the X11 display server where on macOS were using macDriver.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemtNcmc1QUMyRVl6d3JwViIsImdkcHIiOjB9