CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GTA V not having enough space on c drive to install, but having 280+ gigs free

Good evening,

I have been trying to install Grand Theft Auto V on my early 2020 Macbook air. However, when i try to install the game, my c drive apparently only has 44 gigs free, when I actually have 285 gigs free. I have no time machine snapshots, as I do not use time machine. I has previously had it installed, but deleted it because the rockstar launcher was giving me errors every time I tried to start up the game. I also have DirectX for modern games installed in a windows 7 bottle. Is there any fix for this?

install it not on the c drive, but in some folder on the Mac.

In addition to Maxim, you should consider investing in an external SSD if you're looking to install more games. Data transfers are faster and you don't have to worry about running out of space for your main files.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUE5LTHlWVm1heVBVQzNYdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9