CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trial User - M1 - Initialization Failure, Python Script

Hey, I've been looking for a way to play some old windows games, like Championship Manager 01/02 and found CrossOver when I googled.

After I have installed CrossOver, I have mounted a CM 01/02 ISO file and have received an error:

Initialization Failure
CrossOver is unable to initialize a
critical component.
Failed to run Python script '/Applications/
CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/
libcxsetupbase.py'. See console for
errors.
The program will now exit.

I don't really understand what this means, and wanted to check if anyone had come across this at all, or knows if this is an easy fix or not?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, and hopefully someone is able to help.

What version of CrossOver and macOS are you running?

I believe the latest, I just downloaded it today:

CrossOver: Version 21.2 (21.2.0.33926)
Mac: Monterrey, 12.13.1

I'm having the same problem trying to run CrossOver. Gives me the exact same message. Running Vulture and latest version of CrossOver just downloaded

Ak wrote:

I'm having the same problem trying to run CrossOver. Gives me the exact same message. Running Vulture and latest version of CrossOver just downloaded

CrossOver 21.1.0 doesn’t and won’t be supporting macOS Ventura (still a beta)

While CrossOver-22-beta1 does work on macOS Ventura it’s not going to be officially supported until the next minor CC bump.

I have just experienced the same error running the lates beta of macOS Ventura with CrossOver 21.2.0. I understand that betas might not be supported but thought I'd drop this here so you know.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0VRNTZTdmRGRmh0ZkNoVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9