CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help please! Citavi won't start

Hello,

I am trying to install Citavi 6 on my Mac. Unfortunately, CrossOver only knows the general conditions for an outdated version, Citavi 2. Since Citavi 6 no longer runs on Windows XP, the program cannot be installed with the pre-installed general conditions.

I installed the following programs to a bottle with Windows 7/10:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Platform SDK Redistributable GDI+
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1. Web

Its will install but unfortunately, when I start the program, I still get the following error message and it doesn't start:

Technical Information for the Citavi Team:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.RegistryHelper.RegisterCustomUriScheme()
at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.Bootstrapper.<BootAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.SplashForm.<loadTimer_Tick>d7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b
6_0(Object state)

Can someone help me and tell me what might be missing?

Warm greetings
Carol

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmVWU2ZjZldkdWdWclZMYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9